We’ve been tossing this idea around on the Ravelry Group and I’m happy to reveal a fun way to work for our favorite charities, to shine light on our favorite charities and to see how many gifts we can produce for our favorite charities!!
MAIN GOAL: To benefit people in need by providing warmth and/or providing handmade gifts that represent love and compassion. It’s a hard, cold world out there. If we touch one life, it was all worth it.
a) We’ll have fun together!
b) Let’s see how many items we can make in 2 months!
c) Share patterns
d) Learn new skills
- The Charity Along is for ALL CHARITIES! I’ve learned that charities are sometimes very personal and spark deep emotions. We want to support that!
- Dates are from October 1 – November 30, 1015.
- Let’s “spotlight” specific charities each week so we can learn more about them. Some people have already shared some with us on Ravelry. If you haven’t, and would like to, add your input! I’ll then turn around and share it on my YouTube channel.
#1 RECORD YOUR ITEMS USING THIS SPECIAL FORM FOUND HERE: http://goo.gl/forms/rB4eyOIH26
- This form will enter it all in a spreadsheet for us and I’ll share the totals on the group as we watch them grow!
- You can record your items as you complete them. You don’t have to wait until you’re finished. (This is preferred so we can watch our totals climb!)
(Of course, I’m aware that this is based on the honor system but I’m trusting that people who care about others won’t care about themselves enough to be dishonest! We’re not competing here… we’re working together for a common goal!)