Sometimes simple is best and it’s certainly working for this precious scrap hat! Look a little closer…
It’s a chain neatly encased between tracks on each side. A very tailored and polished look!
Recipe: It’s a basic double crochet beanie – stop about 1 – 1.5 inches before the end and…
- Change to a new color. Single crochet back loop only. Join.
- Change back to the first color and single crochet camel stitch all the way around. Join.
- Double crochet back loop only. Join. Sew in ends!
If you have any questions, here’s the video tutorial. I also include tips and tricks, how to determine how much yarn you need for that stripe and demonstrate the join I like best for this hat.
As requested by Laura Brown, here’s an Addi Express King Size tutorial for a great hat! The Addi Fair Isle technique was taught to me in this video by The Answer Lady Knits.
- This pattern is recommended for Intermediate to Advanced Addi users!
- If you’re already familiar with fair isle on the Addi then the “pattern” below will be all you need.
- If you’ve never done fair isle on the Addi, please watch the video before you post a question!
This hat was done with Vanna’s Choice colors Purple, Pink and Mustard.
130 rows total
I keep my crafty goals very general because my yarn is my de-stresser! I would never want to ruin that with too much pressure on my beloved hobby but I think it’s important to grow, learn and be a better version of yourself… even when it comes to yarn!
How did I do last year? What’s in store for this year? Have a look:
I showed this hat a few weeks ago on my YouTube channel and got several requests for a pattern and tutorial. Since it’s so fun to do, it was my pleasure!
Here’s the Crochet Camel Stitch Slouchy pattern.
And the video is below!