Have you ever been excited about a pattern only to click on the link and find it inoperable? Disappointing, isn’t it? Well, all hope is not lost until you’ve tried the Internet Archive Wayback Machine. See a demo here:
Monthly Archives: January 2015
2015 Crafting Goals
Usually I don’t make goals for my crafting. Why would I want to put pressure on myself regarding the very thing that I do to relive pressure?! Well, I took a different approach this year and made a list of things I want to learn or accomplish. When phrased like that, the pressure is alleviated and I’m left with a plan of focus. That much different that measurable goals that are either met or marked FAIL!
Basically they are:
1. Reduce the scraps/open skeins collection.
2. Use some currently-owned paid patterns (and books, magazines) rather than just running to Ravelry when I need a new project.
3. Improve general knitting skills. (Ex: I’m currently practicing a flat-knit mitten pattern where I’m improving my edges, learned the mattress stitch and can now manage 2 mittens at the same time!)
4. Practice working with tiny needles and yarn. (Maybe one day I can try to knit socks!)
5. Improve knitting color work!
6. NO YARN Purchases (Exception: Great sale + coupon OR to meet a specific need.)
There’s more to say on the subject so if you want to hear more, click the video below then share some of your goals! I’m willing to bet we have a few of the same!