One Method for ALL Crochet Projects!
Click below for the YouTube Tutorial!
This is a favorite at our house but I make a few adjustments to keep the carbs low.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic
4 cups (I use 5-6 cups) vegetable broth (or chicken stock if not vegetarian) 4 cups (I use 5-6 cups) bite-sized broccoli florets 1 cup matchstick or grated carrots (High carb veg (11g) with little added taste and nutritional value.)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste (Remember that cheese is high sodium so don’t add any more until after you taste the finished product.)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 cup corn starch (Empty carbs (29g) and the added broccoli makes it thick enough.) 1/4 cup cold water 2 cups 1/4 cup cream or half-and-half (Added broth so there’s enough liquid; Half & Half has 21 g carbs)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (Will sometimes add more after tasting.)
- Select browning/sauté to preheat the pressure cooker. Add the butter and onion and sauté until the onion is tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the chicken (or vegetable) stock, broccoli,
carrots, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Lock the lid in place, make sure the vent is set to seal, and select high pressure and
1 TWO minute cook time.
- When the cooking time ends, use the quick pressure release. When the valve drops, remove the lid carefully.
- Use immersion blender to smooth out vegetables.
In a small bowl whisk together the corn starch and cold water until smooth. Set the pressure cook to sauté/browning and slowly add the corn starch mixture to the pot. Stir constantly until the soup comes to a boil and thickens.
- Turn off the pressure cooker. Slowly stir in the cream
- Add the cheese a handful at a time and stir until it melts.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.
The original recipe came from here: https://www.blessthismessplease.com/best-instant-pot-broccoli-cheese-soup/