Sister is a long time member of the Sheepishly Sharing Community and we’ve helped with her music program fundraisers for many years. However, 2020 will be a very different year for her. She has been diagnosed with Stage 4 Uterine Cancer and has left the convent to live in Louisville, KY where she will be receiving her treatments. She’s currently living on disability and is supplementing with craft sales.
UPDATE 2-27-2021: Sister is finished with her chemo and the results are not what we had hoped. She now has a mass in her stomach called carcinoid carcinoma BUT the good news is she’s waiting to see if she’s eligible for a clinical trial! See address below for sending well wishes and cards of encouragement!
She’s given me a “wish list” to share with our community in hopes of gathering supplies. (She uses my Santa Scarf and Snake Scarf patterns and also a teddy bear from eyelash yarn among other things!)
Sister’s Wish List
- Red Heart Super Saver Cherry Red #319
- Red Heart Super Saver White #311
- Red Heart Super Saver Black #312
- Red Heart Super Saver Variegated (not stripes) 5 ounce skeins in any fun colors for snake scarves
- Eyelash Yarn 100 gram skeins (She needs 2 skeins to make 1 teddy bear brown, tan, or fun colors)
- Hobby Lobby I Love this Yarn Light Peach #230
- 25 mm sew-on wiggly eyes
- Scrap quilting material for no-sew bows (She needs to make 20 x 9″ strips)
- Fiber Fill
- Any finished craft projects. It does not have to be all Christmas as she can sell throughout the year. Any type of craft is welcome!
Ship or mail your donations to:
Denise Mary Perez
7006 Harvest Gold Way, Apt 8
Louisville, KY 40291
Cards of encouragement would be very welcome!
Questions? Go directly to Sister: firstname.lastname@example.org (Note that the address above uses her legal name which is necessary for all the medical documentation.)