This simple hat is one of my most requested tutorials and I think I may know why!
- It offers extra warmth for the ears.
- It lends itself well to variation.
- It’s a great scrap buster!
The Video Tutorial provides guided pattern reading with the tutorial and the skills taught include foolproof, top-down hat sizing! LEFT HANDED Video Tutorial is also available!
Download the free pattern Camel Stitch Brim Beanie Pattern!
Click this link if you’re looking for a larger Hat Sizing Chart for your crochet bag!
Sometimes simple is best and it’s certainly working for this precious scrap hat! Look a little closer…
It’s a chain neatly encased between tracks on each side. A very tailored and polished look!
Recipe: It’s a basic double crochet beanie – stop about 1 – 1.5 inches before the end and…
- Change to a new color. Single crochet back loop only. Join.
- Change back to the first color and single crochet camel stitch all the way around. Join.
- Double crochet back loop only. Join. Sew in ends!
If you have any questions, here’s the video tutorial. I also include tips and tricks, how to determine how much yarn you need for that stripe and demonstrate the join I like best for this hat.