Going on a Disney Cruise? Then you may want to participate in a Fish Extender group! If you don’t know what this is, I’m going to send you to read this wonderful blog post by Darcie. She explains it very well. I’ll also suggest that you join either the Disboards she mentioned or the Fish Extender Facebook Group. Both will help you find fellow cruisers that want to share “a little pixie dust.” They’ll also help you with ideas for Fish Extender Gifts and don’t forget to search those 3 little words on Pinterest. Great ideas!
Alternatively, this is a great closet or wall organizer for use at home!
Background Fabric: 16 x 32″
Interfacing for backing: 8 x 32″
3 Pockets: 11 x 8″ each
Pocket Interfacing: 11 x 8″ each
Heavy Duty needle for sewing machine
Thread to match
Download the Pocket Pattern here
1 pkg Extra Wide, Double Fold Bias tape
**These Written Instructions may be all an experience sewer will need. If you’re a beginner or find these instructions unclear, the video below may be helpful.**
1. Apply interfacing to pockets and one half of background fabric.
2. Fold background fabric in half (long ways) wrong sides together and sew all edges together.
3. Pleat pockets (see pattern for where to crease fabric). Press.
4. Baste along bottom of each pocket.
5. Apply bias tape across top of each pocket. Re-press creases in pleats.
6. Apply bias tape across the bottom edges of TWO pockets.
7. Align 3rd pocket along bottom edge of background. Apply bias tape across bottom encasing all layers.
8. Pin a pocket 1″ above top of bottom pocket. Pin last pocket 1″ above middle pocket. Attach bottoms of these 2 pockets by sewing along stitching line of bias tape.
9. Baste long edges being careful to align edges of pockets with edges of background fabric.
10. Encase long edges with bias tape on each side. Finish top edge with bias tape or a zigzag stitch.
11. Fold over 1.25″ at the top and sew to form the rod pocket.
12. Decorate with names, etc!