These hats just make me laugh! I really wish I had a baby handy to model it for us but no such luck.
This is simple, quick and can be done in any yarn craft! Once again, I’ve demonstrated on my Addi Express… this time on the King Size. Here’s your Addi basic recipe:
Yarn: Worsted Weight about 1 oz of Main Color and .5 oz of trim color
1. Cast on the Addi Express King Size with waste yarn (about 5 rows)
2. Knit Main Color for 30 rows
3. LEAVE MAIN COLOR ATTACHED but switch to waste yarn (about 5 rows)
4. Remove from machine
5. Turn hat inside out so rights sides are together.
7. Add a brim/edging. If you’d like to add a crocheted version, click here for my tutorial.6. Do a 3-Needle Bind Off or my Crochet Version to bind off and seam the top closed. You can also do a Kitchener Stitch if that’s easier for you.
More information, including my demonstration of adding waste yarn with the main color still attached, can be found here:
If you want to attempt looming, knitting or crocheting a version, here are the measurements when the hat is lying flat for you to use as a guide. My All-In-One Loom is very close to the gauge of my Addi machines so you may want to cast on 46 stitches in the round for a test run.